Cross Park’s youth group has regular meetings for Sunday School, along with participating in yearly retreats, service projects, and other fun events. The group is a fantastic way for teenagers to connect with friends, to study the Bible and serve the church and community together. We believe that our youth are an important part of our church family, and we strive to help them learn while also providing them with opportunities to be involved with the entire church body. Below you’ll find information about our latest youth Sunday School class, along with information about upcoming projects and events.
2023 Summer Calendar
Who is ready for a Youth Group Summer Kick-Off?!
Pack a lunch and join us 6/4, following Sunday worship, over at the Pool at Hemby from 12:30-2:30pm! Families are invited.
We are pleased to announce that we will continue Youth Group through Summer this year! Join us at Hemby from 6:30-8PM for our Youth Group Nights. Our theme is A Summer Meeting Jesus. We will walk through Mark focusing on how Jesus meets people. Be praying that as we look to how Jesus met people in Mark, that we would also meet Him in His Word this Summer.
- June 7
- June 21
- July 5
- July 19
- August 2
- August 16
Youth Group Event Nights
YG Event Dates:
- June 14 – Inner Peaks, Matthews
- June 28 – Activity TBA
- July 1 – Bowling, Location TBA
- Week of July 23-29, Activity/Location TBA
- August 11 – Knight Games
- Female D-Group leaders
- Are you interested in discipling the middle and high school girls in our church? Your service is a longterm investment in the spiritual life of our students!
- Hosting special events in your home.
- The youth group participates in a variety of monthly and annual events that form lasting bonds over shared memories.
- If you’d like more information about our event calendar, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Prayer Parent
- Want to serve but don’t have time? Sign up to pray for our students weekly!
- Sign up to pray for 1-2 students weekly from our youth group during the 2023-24 school year, and watch how the Lord works in the lives of your friend’s children. Be on the lookout for the signup genius in your email soon
- If you’re interested in serving our church with your gifts through any of these avenues, email firstname.lastname@example.org. We would love to have a conversation with you!
Sunday School: Join us at 9:30AM on Sunday mornings in the fall and spring to study together before our worship service at 10:30AM. Check the calendar for specific dates we plan to gather!
Wednesday Night Youth Group: Cross Park Youth meet together as a large group every other week to play games, listen to teaching from God’s Word, and discuss the lesson in small discipleship groups (dGroups).
Monthly Events: the specific activities will vary, but we will continue to average one event per month.
Volunteers: As the youth group grows so does our need for godly volunteers! If you want to volunteer to help lead the youth group during the 2022-23 school year, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Vision of Cross Park Youth
The Mission of Cross Park Church is Him We Proclaim. And our Vision as a Youth Ministry is an expression of that Mission. The Vision of Cross Park Youth is to see Cross Park Youth, Families, and Friends worshiping Christ (Him), as they fellowship together (We), so that the gospel goes forth in their lives and the lives of others (Proclaim).
dGroups (short for Discipleship Groups) are designed to give students opportunity to grow in their knowledge of God’s Word, deepen their love for Jesus, and enrich their friendships with other believers. We hope that all of the students of Cross Park will be connected to a dGroup and also want these to be places where students feel encouraged to invite their friends – whether they are Christians or not!
This year, dGroups will meet on Wednesday nights during youth group (6:30-8pm) – If you would like to know when the youth group meets, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you want to be connected to a dGroup or need a dGroup leader’s contact information, contact us to learn more.
SLACK | Group Communication
- We value active communication between Youth Leadership and parents! In order to simplify communication between us, we are asking that all parents and students with access to a cell phone download the online communication app called “Slack.” But why?
- It’s easy to add and remove people as they graduate or enter into youth group without creating a new text thread.
- Easy use for both Apple and Android users
- We can have distinct channels within the app (Parents, MS boys/girls, HS boys/girls, General) so that it becomes a one-stop shop for all the info you need regarding youth.
- This will simplify communication for Youth Leadership so we can spend more time in community with your students.
- So here’s what you need to do:
- Download the “Slack” app
- Create an account
- Send us (email@example.com) you and your student’s usernames so he can add you to the proper channels (even if you create an account through google)
Youth Ministry Updates
Receive important updates and information about upcoming events for youth and ways to serve at Cross Park.